ss_blog_claim=3b54df0ab0b481d43f242f703150aa8a

MY EXPERIENCES... MY LEARNINGS... MY THOUGHTS... MY OPINIONS... MY LIFE AS A STUDENT NURSE...

I ♥ PayPerPost!



I just ♥ PayPerPost! It's the best way to earn money online! I have never regretted joining and I get to post about topics that I want and review products that I trust and get paid to do it! Click the banners to join now! You won't regret it! I already earned around $100 in just 3 months! How cool is that?

Google

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Operation Tuli

I was quite shocked at first when my very conservative friend who happens to be a girl sent me an SMS yesterday saying that she was able to touch 30 or more penises in the span of 4 hours. And she was quite proud of herself and happy with the whole experience. At first I was quite scandalized by what she said and all sort of naughty thoughts came running into my head.

It was a good thing though that she clarified what she told me and said that she just had the most wonderful experience in "Operation Tuli". Operation Tuli is an annual project of the Department of Health - Philippines to have young boys circumcised (Tuli in Tagalog) in their own towns and municipality. I'm kind of jealous because I too want to experience an Operation Tuli which I doubt would exist in Canada. In Operation Tuli, several young boys wait in line for their free circumcision.

Circumcision has been a ritual for many religions and culture. Circumcision paves the way into adulthood and manhood while it is also a ritual in the Judeo-Christian Tradition to strengthen the covenant with God. Medically speaking, circumcision (the removal of the foreskin of the penis) is for hygienic purposes as dirt and secretions tends to accumulate in the foreskin and will result to urinary tract infections (UTI).


In other countries though male circumcision is done 2-3 weeks after birth. And if you're wondering there is also a female circumcision which I will post about later since it deserves to be discussed further.

For more information on circumcision I recommend this very informative site, kidshealth.org.

14 comments:

AJ said...

surely u'l be on ur way to that experience young bro, soon as u decide to go back home for a break and participate in the event..

kudos for the nomination.lets xlink i might be in alberta soon :)

Angel in the Sickroom said...

hi josh! Yup you're right. Hehehe. Sure I'd love to exchange link. ^_^

Ritchelle said...

A friend asked me today if circumcision does exist in Ireland...I guess it does but only for a few,I think...

I was told that it doesn't affect the ability of a man to have a child...does it?

Angel in the Sickroom said...

yup circumcised or not, a man will still be able to have a child. You just remove part of the penis's skin so no harm to the organ ^_^

Anonymous said...

What role did she play? Did she perform the circumcision or did she just assist? Is she a nurse or student nurse? I hope you do not mind the questions but was just curious. I understand that it is not only doctors over there who do the procedure. As a whole I oppose circumcision on unconsenting minors but from what I learned so far no boy over there goes through the procedure unwillingly. Here in the USA it is done to infants at the request of the parents which I personally condemn.

Tom from Florida

Angel in the Sickroom said...

Hi Tom! Thank you for the questions. I will try to answer them one by one.

1. What role did my friend (student nurse) play? She simply assisted the specially trained midwife in the circumcision procedure. Only a midwife was present because the Operation Tuli or Circumcision Program was held in a rural area far away from hospitals.
2. Do boys here in the Philippines go through the procedure willingly? The answer would be yes because it has already been part of the Filipino culture to have males circumcised. Circumcision is believed to be a passage into manhood and adulthood. If one is circumcised here in the Philippines one would be ridiculed and teased as "Supot" or uncircumcised. And no one wants to be called "Supot" because it's a big shame to be uncircumcised here in the Philippines.
3. Have I undergone the procedure? Was I willing? Yes I have, just like all boys below 10 years old here in the Philippines. Infant circumcision is not really practiced in the Philippines but in my opinion should be practiced. I was willing because I was already informed at that young age that circumcision was necessary for hygienic purposes.
4. Does it decrease sexual urge/stimulation? I don't believe it does. Because as you have seen the Philippine population is booming meaning sexual acts are still happening at a rampant rate.
5. If done at an early age does it have side effects? I don't believe that it has because circumcision is just the removal of the foreskin so there are no side effects really. Circumcision has no risks with this procedure and it is just a minor operation.

Hope I answered your questions adequately. Have a great day!

- Edgar

Unknown said...

It's not a 'minor operation'- circumcision greatly reduces the functionality of the penis. I hardly think children in an environment of intense peer pressure could really be considered 'consenting', either. It's insulting to the vast majority of the world's population to imply that they are somehow 'less clean' because they still have all of their genitalia.

Anonymous said...

In your country, why can the teenage girls get circumcised too....dun the boys feel ashamed that a female is circumcising him? I believe male circumcision shud be done by a male.

Anonymous said...

i think circumcision should be done compulsory every where and get removed your frenulum too its more better

i think female doctor is best for boys to get circumcise cause young boys more comfortable with their mommy and female doctor or nurse are more gentle than male male are more ruff.

as a mommy i feel more comfortable with female doctor to take a boy for circumcise

Anonymous said...

I´m very agree,with the mom before! I´leave my boys with 10 and 11 circumcised,from a female Doc. Important to me was a very tight and complete circumcision. It must removed the irritable,inner layer of foreskin and the frenulum thorough. The acorns of the boys are now everytime fully nacked,clean and dry. Even aren`t in flabby conditions of their penises no skinmovements possible. The doc. circ. the boys under local-anestesia with the Comco-Clamp.

She duing a great job. This kind of circumcision had many advantages. Never building nasty, smelling smegma under the foreskin. Dont inflammations at the acorn. Many much better to the later women and the education during the puberty it`s more easy. I´think also a thorough tight circumcision be obliged to compulsory to every boy!

Judith

Anonymous said...

What about teenage girls?

Anonymous said...

I’m a single mom and I have 2 kids who both needed braces. I make just enough to not qualify Medicaid services. I had to pay over $4800 so that my child can have braces and a beautiful smile. . .She was very scared and timid at school. I couldn’t find anyone in Los Angeles who would do the braces at a normal price so I had to launch find it with free services like
http://www.healthsouk.com (HealthSouk) and www.1800dentist.com (800 dentist) The first one was free and the second apparently charges the dentist but not m

Anonymous said...

The nurse was very excited at helping with Tuli because to majority of people in the Phillipines it is purely a religous experience as well as health. Completing the procedure gives the nurse a spirtual boost,therefore they like to help with as many boys as possible.

Anonymous said...

what an ignorant culture it's. I thought India is worse but it's much better because they don't mutilate their sons. disgusting. this is purely a genital mutilation and a human right violation. how come women are allowed to mess up with willies of a child? SHE IS PROUD? GOSh I hate Feminists. because if the same thing is said by a guy then I am quite sure there will be a huge uproar and he will be labeled as a pedo.

My Nurse's Notes: