ss_blog_claim=3b54df0ab0b481d43f242f703150aa8a

MY EXPERIENCES... MY LEARNINGS... MY THOUGHTS... MY OPINIONS... MY LIFE AS A STUDENT NURSE...

I ♥ PayPerPost!



I just ♥ PayPerPost! It's the best way to earn money online! I have never regretted joining and I get to post about topics that I want and review products that I trust and get paid to do it! Click the banners to join now! You won't regret it! I already earned around $100 in just 3 months! How cool is that?

Google

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Swimming Safety

Ok this post may not be related to nursing or health (well somehow it is) but it is related to life and death...

Accidents do happen and cases of drowning are the worst accident that could happen. You and your friends are having fun at the beach or in the pool when all of a sudden friend disappears and you find his/her dead body minutes later.

We all have had a near-drowning experience and it is very frightening. We all had tried swimming in deep waters and then our muscles give up or worst we get a cramp. So to prevent incidents of drowning here are some swimming tips:
  1. Always have a buddy system to always check if your partner is doing well and isn't drowning.
  2. Do not swim in deep waters if you do not know how to swim. Use flotation devices if you insist on swimming.
  3. Never swim in a pool without a life guard.
  4. Learn how to float! Floating is a vital skill every swimmer should have because if one has cramps or any muscle weakness one could just float and rest.
I'm no expert at swimming but these are just some tips based on experience that I could share. The floating part saved me from drowning countless of times.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's must to follow safety rules while swimming. Thanks for providing information about this.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this tips! I experienced drowning before last summer in the pool I tried to float and relaxed but my head can't stop focusing on the cramp pain, good thing one of the life guard grabbed me and late that I know I'm close on the edge of the pool. Focus whatever happens! :)

My Nurse's Notes: